Monday, June 28, 2010

Erie Zoo

Kaiden loves going to the zoo, so I decided that we would drive up to Erie for the day to go to the zoo and have lunch, maybe even do some shopping if we had the time. Which we did not have the time, since Kaiden had such a wonderful time running from one animals cage to another and we visited a few of the animals maybe 3 times. The zoo was small and there were only 5 families there, which was very nice. I don't like taking Kaiden places by myself where there are tons of people. And the price was crazy... it was $8 a person and Kaiden was free! I say its crazy because San Diego Zoo is $$ pricey. Even though being a military dependant its only $20, just imagen what it is with out the military dependant discount.

It was the weirdest thing actually seeing the animals being active and walking around their cages. We visited the polar bear at least 3 times. I had to convince Kaiden there were more animals to look at.

All the walk ways were made like this, gave it a natural rain forest affect. It was cool! Kaiden had fun running up and down the walk ways.

Kaiden was obsessed with the orangutan...

He was also obsessed with the gorilla. We spent like 30 minutes in the gorilla house. Kaiden sat next to the gorilla and talked with him and the gorilla was social also. He put his hand on the glass and Kaiden would get all excited. The gorilla has been in the Erie zoo for like 10 to 15 years or something.

Kaiden's Papa & Grandma and his other Gramma were all working and couldn't join us at the zoo. Which was a shame because Kaiden had such a great time & I bet they would have had a blast watching Kaiden go crazy and excited over all the animals that he saw. It sprinkled a little bit, but it didn't mess up our day. Kaiden & I had a wonderful time together, it was the best zoo visit we have ever had!

1 comment:

Ange said...

I found this blog post just by chance. My son and I had been to the Erie Zoo in 2006 and my son just fell in love with Big Joe the orangutan. We found your site because we were wondering if we was still at the zoo. He did the same thing with the glass. He would actually imitate what my son did. We were in that room for over an hour...couldn't get him away. So amazing to hear the same thing for your son!!!! Thanks for the memory!