Saturday, June 5, 2010

Big Brother To Be

Kaiden is going to be a big brother around the beginning of December. We have know since the beginning of April, just wanted to hold off on any announcing until we told our parents in person.

We are pretty excited about being pregnant again. We were not trying but we also were not preventing. Mike is really hoping for a little girl. I just want a healthy baby, but a baby girl would be nice. It is 2 to 1 in the house and it would be nice to have an even score.

My only concern is Kaiden. Its been just the 3 of us for 2 years and its been all about him. I'm worried he might not accept the baby. I'm sure he'll love her, he loves babies. Everytime he sees a baby he says "baby" and gets really excited. So hopefully he'll be excited about being a big brother and sharing our attention with another little person.
HOW EACH PARENTS REACTED: We had Kaiden tell them, I made him a shirt.
Mike's Dad & Angie... Well, Mike's Dad tends to read all of Kaiden's shirts and then comments on them. So he read it and was like cool. Angie was giving Kaiden some love and read his shirt. She was like "OMG is it true, are you really?" Mike and I laughed and said "yes". Congrats went around the room. And lots of love went to Kaiden. And the rest of the evening was talked about what we are hoping for this time around.
Mike's Mom... We went up to spend a few days with her before Mike took off to Texas. Kaiden ran into the house, gave his Gramma a hug then ran off to the living room to play with the toys Gramma got for him. Mike's mom was staring intensely at Kaiden's shirt. But she thought it was a joke because Mike is always messing with her. So she was like 'no way its true'. After 30 minutes Mike and I were like really she hasn't notice, so Mike was like "Mom read Kaiden's shirt" and mother was like "I already have, when you guys got here". So Mike & I did like the "well" gesture and she screamed with excitement and was like "YOU GUYS!!! I thought it was a joke and its true". Congrats & hugs went around the room. Mother couldn't stop laughing and smiling.
My parents... When my parents come to visit Kaiden and I at Mike's dad's house. That is when we told them. I had to wait an entire month to tell my parents after Mike had told him. The secret was eating me alive and I was about to burst it out to the world. When my parents arrived, Kaiden was wearing his shirt. He didn't go to my parents right away, Kaiden is always standoffish for the first 10 minutes. But my dad saw Kaiden's shirt and read what it said out loud and my mom said "We already knew you guys were". They were happy and excited to get confirmation that we were pregnant.

No comments: