Sunday, May 4, 2008

Saying Sweet Fair Well

Mike & the rest of the crew of the USS Peleliu (LHA-5) started on their 6 month deployment(May 4, 2008). They will be seeing a lot of the world ones more. They will arrive in Hawaii on Saturday, only staying a few days. Mike & I did our best not to cry, but in the end broke down in tears! I refused to get off the ship like 10 times, Mike assuring me he'll be home soon enough and telling me to be strong. Its only 184 days till they get back home, no big deal! I've already started working on Mike's 1st care package. I feel a little lost right now, cause I'm use to Mike around. His the love of my life and my best friend. Even though most days we would just sit around, doing nothing be talking or making fun of each other or silly things... I'm not use to not having him gone... yet. But I know I'm not going to get use to it either! I got an e-mail from him, it made me happy and sad all at the same time. Our first deployment was not as long as this one. But it still felt like forever. I'm just hoping I can keep myself very occupied and stress free! Also hoping it just goes by super fast. As of now this is all I have to say... I'll keep your all posted!
Color's being raised... Which means the flag being raised.
Mike & I on the day of deployment... It was a really sad day!
My Sailor Mike & his favorite Air Crew Man Ryne... They miss each other!The USS Peleliu cruising by the Coronado Island
Eli, Stephanie & I sat at a pic-nic table waiting for the shop to sail by.




1 comment:

Kathie said...

Love the pics, even though you and Mike both look so sad. But, he will be home before you know it. Everyday is one day less to wait.
Love you