Monday, January 14, 2008

A-school in Pensacola, FL.

Sunday - January 13, 2008...
Mike went to Pensacola for a week. He went with his crew from the Pelelui. A few months before deployment they have to leave for a week for training. Every time its the same training, but its to make sure they know their stuff.
On the first day, everyone from crash & salvage (the crew) sits in a classroom to go over everything flight deck fireman are suppose to know. Then the next couple of days they do training... like they suit up in their firefighter suit and run into burning helicopters. Mike says its fun, but horrible at the same time.
Well, originally when Mike left he told me he would be back on Saturday, but last night after he got in to Pensacola he called the airlines and changed his flight from Saturday to Friday. I'm really excited about that!! I can't wait till Mike gets back home. I know his only been gone for a day... but I REALLY MISS MY NENE!!!!
So Mike will be home on Friday - January 18, 2008... I'm excited!!!

2 comments:

Kathie said...

Great news that Mike gets to come home a day early.

Eden said...

I miss Pensacola. Someday, Steve and I will go back to celebrate our anniversary.

We've been praying for Mike's safety and that he'll have a safe flight home to you.

Love you guys.