Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Little Life Update

Nothing is really new since my last post... still pregnant! The only thing that's new is I'm sleepy all the time, which Mike loves because if I'm taking a nap its nap time for him too... he loves nap time! And I'm so hungry... which isn't unusual... but since I can't eat what I want, because mike is making sure my pregnancy diet is all healthy foods, so our baby is healthy... isn't he the cutest! I've had a headache for the past week and its driving me insane, all I want to do is take some medicine & take a nap... but I can't!

So last night Mike & I started crying, let me tell you the story. I was laying in the bed while Mike was kissing, rubbing & talking to my tummy... when all of a sudden he snuggled his head against my tummy and started to cry. I cupped his chin and in the mist of me asking him why he was crying I started to cry, because I realized why he was crying. We wanted a baby since the first time we fell in love with each other. We were crying for two reasons... because we are going to have a beautiful baby & because Mike will not be here for most of the pregnancy, but whats worst, for the birth. He wants to be in the delivery room, he wants to cut the umbilical cord and he wants to be the first one to hold the baby. So we are so excited about the baby, but sad because he will not be here.

But besides all of that... everything is alright!

2 comments:

Mary said...

Oh, that stinks that he won't be around for the delivery! Hopefully you can have a family member be with you, or at least a close friend.

I remember feeling so tired at the beginning. I'd take a shower, dry my hair, all that getting-ready stuff, and then i'd need a nap cause it wore me out! But that goes away. Although, now that I'm near the end, the fatigue has come back at times, but not everyday.

I had a week where I had a headache every day, and it was so frustrating, cause you don't want to live on medication for the baby's sake, but you're also dying for relief. Hang in there! It's amazing how many changes your body, your mood, and your mind go through in these nine months.

Kathie said...

I know it is going to be hard for you and for Mike, but God is so good. He will see you all three through this time and He will bless you. We love and miss you and are praying for you.
Always,
MOM